PREPAID METERING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The undersigned (hereinafter called the “Member”) hereby applies for participation in the Prepaid Account Management System (PAMS) offered to members of West Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. (hereinafter called the “Cooperative”), and agrees with the Cooperative to follow the following terms and conditions:
• As a prepaid member, the normal membership deposit is not required and you are not subject to normal collection fees. Members electing prepay metering will need to complete a membership application if an application is not currently on file for the prepaid service location.
• EXISTING CUSTOMERS: When your account is converted to prepay, your existing deposit (if applicable) will be applied toward any outstanding balance with the remaining credit (if applicable) applied to your prepaid service.
• The Cooperative is providing a service so you can view your daily usage, receive alerts, make smaller payments as often as you would like or as your budget allows and does not require a security deposit.
• An account will be subject to immediate disconnection any time your account has a balance of $0.00. Disconnection will be made without any written notification from the Cooperative to the Member. Medical and/or health conditions of any person located at the address where electric service is furnished by Cooperative and/or inclement weather conditions or temperatures will not postpone disconnection of electric service. No late fees will be assessed while participating in prepaid service.
• Payments can be made by debit/credit card or e-check in amounts of greater than $5.00, 24-hours a day by logging on to westcentralelectric.com and clicking on the e-bill link (you may enroll on your own provided you have a valid email address). You may also pay by phone 24-hours a day with a debit/credit card or e-check by calling 1-855-874-5349. If you normally pay by cash you can do that at our Higginsville or Oak Grove offices during normally working hours Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM. If it is necessary to pay with cash after hours, you can purchase a MasterCard or VISA prepaid card at many locations such as Wal-Mart,Walgreens, Dollar General then use the online or pay by phone methods listed above.
• An NSF (Insufficient Funds Check) will immediately cause your balance to be reduced by the amount of the check. If this results in a negative balance, you will be subject to immediate disconnect. Checks will then no longer be accepted.
• Any balance due to West Central for energy used but not billed before signing up for PAMS must be paid by applying 25% of all payments to the unpaid balance due until that amount is paid in full. This means that for every dollar paid to the cooperative after enrollment, $0.75 will go to your prepaid account, and $0.25 will go toward paying off the unpaid balance.
• Prepaid accounts do not receive paper statements (bills). Daily prepaid account history such as usage, charges and payment history will be available via the internet at westcentralelectric.com or by calling 800-491-3803.
• Prepaid accounts shall not be eligible for credit extensions or payment arrangements. Energy assistance guarantees must be pledged by the organization in order for your account to be adjusted.
• If an account is disconnected and does not become active after seven (7) days, the account will be considered inactive and West Central will mail a final bill to the last known address on file. Service terminated at the request of the member will receive a refund of any remaining credit on the account (if applicable).
I have read and understand the above terms and conditions in regard to the Prepaid Account Management System (PAMS). Should I decide to discontinue the PAMS program, I understand that I may be subject to additional deposits and such additional deposits must be paid prior to connections.
** I have read and understand the above terms and conditions in regard to the Prepaid Account Management System (PAMS). Should I decide to discontinue the PAMS program, I understand that I may be subject to additional deposits and such additional deposits must be paid prior to connections.
©2022 West Central Electric Cooperative. All Rights Reserved.