After getting the confirmation page expect to be contacted within 1 business day. Please contact the office if you do not get a phone call.
WEST CENTRAL ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
PO Box 452
Higginsville, MO 64037-0452
**Light rental requirements: WCE’s service must be an overhead pole type on meter or transformer pole. Must be same property where the meter is located.
Connect date will be confirmed once application is processed. Connect date does not apply to new construction
Roundup Foundation Policy and Guidelines
TERMS OF SERVICE
The undersigned (hereafter called the "Applicant") hereby applies for membership in and agrees to purchase electric energy from West Central Electric Cooperative (hereinafter called the "Cooperative") upon the following terms and conditions:
1. The Applicant will complete this application, which if accepted by the cooperative, will constitute the Applicant's membership. A Social Security Number or Federal Tax Identification Number is required for membership/electric service, otherwise the maximum deposit will be required. When applicant provides a Social Security Number for identification, a Consumer Reporting Agency will be used for applicant verification purposes, and to establish deposit requirements. When applicant provides a Federal Tax Identification Number for identification, a Consumer Reporting Agency may be used. Based on information received, a deposit calculated in accordance with current policy and schedule of fees could be required before the meter will be connected. Said deposit (if any) will be refunded to the Applicant upon termination of service provided all accounts and obligations of the Applicant to the Cooperative have been paid in full, otherwise said accounts and obligations are to be deducted from the amount of said refund before returning same.
2. The Applicant will, when electric energy becomes available, purchase from the Cooperative all electric energy used on the premises described below, and will pay therefore monthly at rates to be determined from time to time in accordance with the bylaws and policies of the Cooperative; provided, however, that the Cooperative may limit the amount of electric energy to be furnished for industrial uses.
3. The Applicant certifies that the Service Type indicated above is the predominant use of electricity. If energy purchased results in a sales tax liability due to use other than stated, the Applicant assumes responsibility for remitting such tax due directly to the Director, Department of Revenue.
4. The Applicant will comply with and be bound by the provisions of the Charter, Bylaws of the Cooperative, Policies and Regulations as may from time to time be adopted by the Cooperative. The Applicant will cause his premises to be wired in accordance with wiring specifications approved by the Cooperative.
5. Service will be provided on a temporary basis, subject to the following: Formal and legal membership in West Central Electric Cooperative, Inc. will not be extended until this Application for Membership has been approved and accepted by the Board of Directors. Your Application for Membership will be presented to the Board of Directors or the membership within 90 days, as per Article 1, Section 1 of the Bylaws.
6. The Applicant, as a condition of membership in the Cooperative, will grant an easement on and through their property to provide service extensions to self and other adjacent members as well as to perform necessary maintenance, service upgrades and periodic right-of-way re-clearing work and access to read and maintain meters.
7. Applicant agrees to pay all attorney fees and other fees involved in collection of account.
8. West Central Electric Cooperative members are automatically enrolled in the Operation Roundup Program. You may opt out of participation by checking the above box: Operation Roundup Opt Out.
9. Member service continuity, both single-phase and three-phase, is not guaranteed during regularly-scheduled maintenance, emergency repair, electrical fault conditions, inclement weather, or any other time. As a result, it is the member’s responsibility to implement loss of phase protection on their equipment. The cooperative is not responsible for any resultant damage from “single-phased” devices.
View West Central Electric Bylaws
** Type your name as you would sign it. If application is made for joint membership, both applicants must sign. Member will be called using one of the provided numbers prior to hookup. Connects are only performed during business hours 8:00-4:30 M-F.
©2023 West Central Electric Cooperative. All Rights Reserved.