*Rebate program changes effective April 1, 2019:
- Rebates shall be offered to members of West Central Electric Cooperative who reside in a permanent residential structure constructed on a solid foundation on property owned by the member and served by the cooperative.
- Rebates are limited to services using 6,000 kWh or more per year.
- Rebates not to exeed 50% of total cost.
- No rebates will be given for equipment which does not meet the criteria for this program, as established by West Central Electric Cooperative and Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Application for rebates must be filed WITHIN 90 DAYS OF PURCHASE of the equipment for which the rebate is being requested.
- Rebates are subject to change at any time. Rebates for the following equipment will qualify under the following terms and conditions:
Electric Water Heaters
For electric water heaters that meet DOE standards at time of manufacture
- The efficiency rating of the new unit must be a minimum of .90 or greater
- If the new unit replaces an old unit, the efficiency rating of the old unit must be electric with less than 0.90 efficiency.
- Tankless water heaters ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for this program.
- Rebates are available for existing and new homes.
- Rebate applies only to electric water heating units.
- Limit two (2) rebates per member address.
Heat Pump Water Heaters (or Hybrid Water Heater)
The energy efficiency rating must meet DOE standards. This rebate includes new construction, the replacement of an existing electric water heater that is less than 0.90 efficiency with a unit that is greater than 0.90 efficient, or replacement of a gas water heater. The unit must be a 40 gallon or larger hp electric water heating unit. Limit two (2) per member address.
Ground Source Heat Pump
Rebates for ground source heat pumps shall apply under the following terms and conditions:
- The ground source heat pump shall be sized to a minimum Delta T of 70. (A Manual J calculation shall be submitted to support the Delta T.)
- Installation must be for the replacement of electric resistance heat or a new home construction or a first-time installation of a GSHP system.
- Replacement of an existing dual-fuel system.
- Replacement of existing natural gas or propane heating system.
- The heat pump must be qualified with an ENERGY STAR rating and meet the following efficiency standard for rebates: 2012 ENERGY STAR+2 rating: 19.1
- Electric back up heat will be allowed only if the backup heat is separated from the heat pump by the installation of a separate breaker or switch.
- The home must be insulated to a minimum of R-38 in the ceiling and R-13 in the walls.
- Rebates are only available for up to 50 tons commercial and 10 tons residential.
- DX (direct expansion) Ground Source Heat Pumps DO NOT QUALIFY.
Rebate $750.00 per ton
Ground Source Heat Pump Replacement
Rebate is for the replacement of the indoor ground-source heat pump unit only and does not include loop system. If the heat pump (compressor) unit is replaced, it must be a gain of 3 EER ratings.
Rebate $150.00 per ton
Dual Fuel and Mini-Split Heat Pump
Rebates for dual fuel heat pumps shall apply under the following terms and conditions:
- New home and building construction
- Replacement of electric resistance heat
- Replacement of an existing dual-fuel heat pump
- “Add-On” Air source heat pump to an existing fossil fuel heating system
- The dual-fuel heat pump must have back-up automatic thermostat controlled natural gas, propane or fuel oil heating system for supplemental heat.
- Wood burning systems ARE NOT ELIGIBLE as back-up for heating.
- The heat pump must be qualified with an Energy Star rating and meet the following efficiency standards for rebates: 2015 Energy Star +2 rating 17.0 SEER.
Rebate $150.00 per ton
Energy Star Room Air Conditioners
Cooperative must verify an ENERGY STAR rated room air conditioning unit is purchased. The rebate will apply for the purchase of one new ENERGY STAR rated unit or the replacement of an existing unit. Rebates are available for existing and new homes. Limit 1 (one) per address. structure.
Energy Star Certified Smart Thermostat
Must be an Energy Star rated thermostat. Can be used with any type of heating and cooling system. Limit of up to two per member address. For new construction, or the replacement of an existing non-Energy Star Thermostat.
Programmable Timer-Engine Block Heater
Utilize a programmable timer with the use of an engine block heater.
C&I High-Efficiency Motors
Replace less efficient motors with higher efficiency motors meeting current NEMA standards in an existing facility. Rebate per motor is based on Horsepower (HP) size See chart for Rebate.
Contact WCE for rebate chart
C&I VFDs for HVAC
Rebate when installing variable frequency drive motors for HVAC pumps and fans in an existing facility. VFD’s are tied to an automated control system and have a True Power Factor of .90 or greater.
Rebate $50.00 per brake HP
50/50 COST SHARE PROGRAMS:
Basement/Crawl Space/Slab Insulation
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for cooperative members who are installing insulation in conjunction with the installation of a new ground source heat pump.
Incentive up to $500
Home Energy Weatherization
This program is a 50/50 cost-shared incentive for cooperative members for weatherization improvements done in conjunction with an approved energy audit.
Incentive up to $500 per home, $25,000 for multi-unit complexes
Energy audits shall be offered to members of the Cooperative who reside in a permanent residence on property owned by the member. Energy audits may be done at varying levels of intensity, depending on the member’s needs and the cooperative’s ability to perform the audit. The more intense audits will require a 50-50 cost share between the member and cooperative. This service will be provided to all members regardless of the type of heat found in the home
Incentive up to $150
Small Commercial & Industrial, School Energy Audits
This program is for commercial, school and industrial facilities that have basic energy usage and that use less than 500 kW per month. 50-50 cost share.
Incentive based on cost of the audit
CONTACT WCE FOR PROPER FORMS
Energy Audits--Industrial, Commercial & School
West Central Electric Cooperative personnel will work with industrial and commercial members in arranging energy audits for these facilities. This program is for commercial, school and industrial facilities that use greater than 50 kW per month and have more complex energy usage and needs. The cost of the audit shall be determined on a case-by-case basis. 50-50 cost share
Incentive based on annual peak demand consumption
CONTACT WCE FOR PROPER FORMS
HIGH-EFFICIENCY LIGHTING REBATES:
This program is for C&I, schools and agricultural facilities that want to install high-efficiency lighting. West Central Electric Cooperative shall assist its members in applying for business lighting rebates in accordance and cooperation with Associated Electric Cooperative’s “Take Control and Save Program.”
Contact WCE for incentive information and proper forms.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON REBATES, CONTACT BRENT SCHLOTZHAUER AT 800-491-3803 OR 816-565-4942